Energising Breakfast – Matcha and Coconut Waffles
After seeing various pictures of matcha green tea waffles on Instagram and Pinterest, I couldn’t get them out of my head. I was dying to try them. I found a few recipes online, however I decided to adapt my usual waffle mixture to make my own Coconut and Matcha Waffles.
Matcha powder is very finely grounded green tea. Not only is it an antioxidant powerhouse, it’s also rich in vitamins and has huge health benefits. It’s detoxifying, energy boosting and great for metabolism. The list of benefits really do go on, enough to convince me that it’s a good idea to add it to your morning waffles.
Ideally you need a waffle iron for this recipe. However if you don’t have one you can use the mixture and make thick pancakes instead.
See my recipe below…Hope you enjoy!
- 175g gluten free plain flour
- 250ml coconut milk
- 2 x tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 x egg
- 1 x tsp baking powder
- 2 x tsp matcha powder
- 1 x pinch Himalayan rock salt
- Maple syrup
- 200g Rasberries
- Desiccated coconut or coconut chips
To make your very own Coconut and Matcha Waffles:
- Sieve the flour into a bowl
- Add the baking powder, matcha powder & rock salt and stir together
- Create a well in the middle, break in the eggs and add in the coconut oil
- Mix all ingredients together and slowly whisk in the coconut milk to loosen the mixture. Continue adding milk and whisking until you have a smooth batter mixture
- Heat the waffle iron, then pour over a ladle of waffle mixture onto the plate. Wait for waffle maker to heat waffle mixture
- Serve with raspberries and maple syrup