Berry Breakfast Smoothie
As soon as the day’s start getting longer and we have settled well into spring, the need for porridge in the morning doesn’t feel so crucial. Smoothies in the summer seem so much more appropriate, they are lighter and so much more refreshing. For year’s I have been trying to master a breakfast smoothie and initially I use to just throw any fruit I had in the house into the blender. However, as the years have gone by I have become more particular and I now feel that I have now mastered the perfect smoothie. My berry breakfast smoothie is so creamy, nutritious and really tasty. It’s a great way to kick start your day.
What you will need:
- A blender – I recommend Russell Hobs
- 1 or 2 handfuls of frozen berry’s from any supermarket (Frozen berry’s still hold their nutritional value and are cheaper)
- 1 banana
- 2 generous tbsp of low fat Greek yogurt (don’t add this if you would prefer it to be diary free, just add more banana)
- 100ml of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp of Linwoods milled flaxseed and goji berries
- 1 handful of ice cubes
- Defrost the frozen berries over night in a bowl (This is not essential, I just prefer it when they are because otherwise the smoothie will be quite thick and too cold to drink).
- In the morning add the berry’s, banana, Greek yogurt, ice cubes and almond milk to the blender and simply blend until it looks smooth. If it’s too thick add more almond milk, if it’s too thin add more yogurt or another banana.
- Pour into your favorite glass and sprinkle the milled flaxseeds and goji berries on top (stir in if you would rather it be mixed in).
- Drink and enjoy
This smoothie recipe has to be one of my favorites, it has so much goodness in it and it really does fill you up. The best thing about it is if you are in a rush you can put it in a storage bottle and drink it whilst you are on the go. It really is effort free to make and will make such a difference to your morning…hope you enjoy!